Sunday, August 10, 2008

TRY Senior DeMolay Capt Sadsad US NAS Commander

Stock photo courtesy of NAS Whiting Field.

Former Olongapo City resident and TRY Senior DeMolay, Capt Enrique "Ric" Sadsad assumed the post of "Commanding Officer of NAS Whiting Field in a Change of Command Ceremony on Friday, August 17" a couple of years ago according to EscaRosa press.

Like most promising and talented young men from Olongapo, Bro Ric joined the US Navy in November 1977 after graduating from Olongapo City National High School (OCNHS) in 1973.

"He was already working as a helicopter technician at the Philippine Aerospace Development Corp. in Pasay City when he passed the entrance tests and joined the US Navy at age 21"; according to a blog post in the Subic Bay News by Rodney J. Jaleco - ABS-CBN North America News Bureau .

According to the same ABS-CBN news report, "I attribute a lot of where I am now to a desire to get advanced education, and I guess, just to do your job and do it well," he declares. We asked if he had a formula for success. "A lot of perseverance," he replied, "and a lot of luck"."

Another TRY Senior DeMolay following his footsteps in the US Navy is Bro Constantino Constantino, who now resides in San Diego and is based there.

Our congratulations to Bro Capt Ric Sadsad on this milestone in his US Navy career.

(To read the full articles, please click link of EscaRosa and blog post in the Subic Bay News above.)

In a follow up comment, Bro Ric said that he joined Pace Lodge No 349 of Milton, Florida just last summer [2008]. Congratulations to Bro Ric for taking the time out of his busy schedule to join Freemasonry, I am sure he will be a tremendous asset to the craft.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He took care of my Fleet Reserve issue when it got snagged at BuPers. Ric even took time to tracked and called me to say "ayos na" without me asking or being aware where he was! Really great DeMolay. I wonder if he knocked?

Ollie

Hi Bro Ollie,

I don't think he knocked. Maybe he was too busy with studies and US Navy work that he deemed not appropriate nor justified joining the craft.

I remebered him as a quiet person even in OCNHS, as well as his time in DeMolay and the tropa with Jackson's Led Zep.

Mar

Anonymous said...

Bros Ollie and Mar,
How are you doing? Time really flies when you're having fun. I did not plan on staying in the Navy this long, but 31 years later, I'm still here and enjoying it. Regards to our brothers in the craft. I was raised at Pace (Florida) Lodge #349 last Summer.
Cheers,
Ric

Teodoro R Yangco Chapter said...

Congratulations Ric for joining the craft, at last!

I am sure you will enjoy the camaraderie and fellowship, not to mention the great teachings.

More power to you.

I am doing well and I hope you and your family are well. Your batch mate, and my sister Ate Mae Baylon-Mucio is here in Sydney, Australia too.

Regards and thanks for dropping by,

Bro Mar